The Board of External Affairs (BExA) looks after all the overseas affairs such as activities held between external bodies and professional institutes in which our President normally heads the delegation to all these meetings and conferences.
- To liaise with Architects Regional Council Asia (ARCASIA) and Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) and contribute towards various Committees, congresses, forums, projects, roundtable meetings, training and events.
- To act as Coordinator in ARCASIA Committees to facilitate communication between HKIA and ARCASIA and or observer to various committees.
- To coordinate and participate in ARCASIA events, such as Student Workshop, Roundtable, and the 20th ARCASIA Asian Congress of Architects (ACA20) in Boracay, Philippines in September 2023 etc.
- To liaise with The International Union of Architects (UIA) and contributes towards various Commissions and Work Programmes:
(Education Commission, International Competition Commission, Professional Practice Commission, Sustainable Development Goals Commission; Work Programmes 2021-2023: Architecture for All, Architecture and Children, Heritage and Cultural Identity, Community Architecture and Human Rights, Intermediate Cities: Urbanism and Architects Learning Platform, Public Health, Education and Cultural Spaces, Public Spaces, Indigenous Peoples).
- To coordinate and participate in UIA events, such as Competition, Awards, Prizes, and the 28th World Congress of Architects in Copenhagen, Denmark in July 2023, etc.
- UIA Work Programme Architecture for All (AfA) Region IV website: http://uiawpafa.hkia.net/