The Board of Mainland Affairs (BMA) oversees mainland affairs such as to facilitate individual professional registration of Hong Kong architects and practices in PRC; to promote Hong Kong architectural service and professional development in PRC in order to match the strategy of "going out, bringing in" of the Belt&Road Initiative; to encourage membership interaction in PRC, etc by liaising with government departments and professional bodies in both Hong Kong and PRC.
Belt&Road and Bay Area Committee
- To liaise with government departments and relevant authorities in Hong Kong and PRC on the development of Belt&Road and Bay Area.
- To assist in the formation of strategies for Hong Kong architects to seek opportunities along Belt & Road cities and in the Bay Area
- To organize seminars delegations to Belt&Road and Bay Area cities.
- To connect our members in PRC.
- To connect Mainland members with the Institute and HK members.
- To explore PRC work opportunities for practices.
- To organize seminars and events with professional institutions and practices in PRC so as to improve communication and mutual understanding among members.
Special Projects Committee
- To liaise with government departments and relevant authorities in Hong Kong and PRC on the implementation of “Mainland and Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement” (CEPA).
- To facilitate the individual professional registration and practices of HKIA members and practices in PRC.
- To organize seminars/events for issues related to practices in PRC.